Happy Memorial Day! Since I woke up humming many patriotic melodies, I've decided to write some custom lyrics to a familiar one. This may not be my last attempt at shameless self-promotion, but let's hope for everyone's sake that it will be.
1) (Sung to the tune of: "You're a Grand Old Flag!")
It's my brand new blog
and my head's in..a ..fog..
will I ever.. be clever enough?
to keep this..a-live?
Will this Kay Five
draw viewers
to skewer
my stuff?
Will I stay inspired?
Do I have what's..required?
Will things spiral? Go viral?
Who knows???!!!
Five paragraphs!!!
Will there... be... laughs??
well let's..just...see... how..it goes!
2) Technology is not my friend
3) Neither is coordination, or following anything with more than three steps. Deejays go into full panic mode every time I attempt to do a cha-cha slide
4) Speaking of patriotic songs, let me segue into a brief discussion about "Veep" which is a show I consider to be one of the funniest written comedies of all time. I was not the biggest fan of Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Elaine Benes(People who can't dance aren't THAT funny, right? Right?) but then I grew to really love her work on "The New Adventures of Old Christine." It is, however, her stunning work as the title character that will have me opining that there's not enough gold in Fort Knox to make an Emmy award big enough for the one she deserves. Well done!
5) The song in paragraph one mentioned skewering, and now I want a shish kebob.
OKAY. That's FIVE
No comments:
Post a Comment