I, along with most educated people I know, am experiencing such soul-crushing anxiety that I can't even sleep.
I eat nothing but hand-crafted gelatos as I am filled with dread and sugar.
(And I've been trying for eight months now to find the perfect way to blend two scoops of vanilla ice cream with one scoop of lime or pineapple sorbet--I have succeeded)
Gelato helps, but quality sleep eludes me.
I wonder: Did I defrost the beef in time to make tonight's lasagna?
Will Borat survive all of his shenanigans?
(Sacha Baron Cohen is due for a major ass kicking)
Did my poodle molest me as I finally drifted off last night?
When the cretin that interrupted my nap rang the doorbell the other day, startling me so much that I forgot to grab a mask, will he infect everyone else on the block who has no interest in buying kitchen cabinets from him?
Oh yeah, and the democracy.
We're twelve days away from its possible demise.
I was so happy this time last year, celebrating our thirtieth anniversary in LA/Hawaii.
There were luaus and volcanos!
I watched a terrible sitcom being taped, knowing it wouldn't survive more than a season!
I stood in Lorelai Gilmore's gazebo!
The world continued to spin on it's axis, and now, every time somebody sends me a personal e-mail and addresses me by my first name, I have to wonder if they're being sarcastic.
Am I Karen or am I "Karen?"
And as someone interested in having her posts read, shouldn't I, as a grammar nerd, realize that quotation marks aren't supposed to be used for "emphasis?"
Time to sigh...
..and worry about celebrating holidays with just my husband and son and molesting poodle.
Because I didn't spend all these months in my bubble for nothing. I'm going to continue social distancing, even if it kills me.
TV helps.
Not garbage shows, (c'mon, "The Goldbergs"..you're not even trying anymore. Surely you can't be serious!) but beautifully written sitcom season openers, like "The Connors" and "Black-ish."
The former addressed the economic impact of the pandemic(in a painfully realistic way) while the latter emphasized the pandemic itself, with Emmy deserving acting by Tracee Ellis Ross playing Dr. Rainbow Johnson, a hero on the front-lines.
We also watched "The Amazing Race" which is having a great season so far, taped pre-Covid, but it only got me down realizing how much I miss travel and travel journaling.
What I wouldn't do for a gnome!!
True, maybe I wouldn't be on another continent waking a tightrope while balancing a bottle of wine on a wobbly tray, but I wouldn't mind seeing The Grand Canyon of the Pacific again.
I'm having a fairly severe wave of depression.
The cure?
Seeing a nice, big, fat, blue wave.
Like the kind I saw in Hawaii, but this time, at the polls
No comments:
Post a Comment