Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Beach-loch

That beach and that lawn!/what spectacular greenery!/it’s gorgeous at dawn/drinking in all the scenery/ I enter the lake/so keyed up for the swim/ it’s chilly.. I take it all in..(so does Jim!) /the blue of the sky! /each puffy white cloud/ the spirit is high/ with that sunbathing crowd/the kids on the dock!/some-giggling, some thrashing/the shore birds might flock/ and the teens can’t stop splashing!/ a kayak sails by/the tots think it’s funny/they wave at the guy/ who has just caught a sunny/a four year old grins/ we can all feel her pride/ with great care, she begins/ and she’s there.. on that slide!/some folks take a book/ to relax or to laze/ or just take a look as the sun is ablaze/ it’s magic! Spectacular! Year after year!/ we got the vernacular/ that’s why we’re here/ yes, poems are made by fools like me.. to describe woodloch’s lure.. I hope.. eloquently!

No comments:

Post a Comment