OMG America!!
Wake up!!
How could you be so reckless with your vote??
Voting is a privilege..an honor, and it's not given to just anyone.
You had a chance to choose a candidate with substance, but instead, you chose a wicked, evil man.
The Apprentice.
I'm still here,( for now,) but I am angry that you didn't choose wisely.
This is a real pain, you know!.
Why. because of stupid, negligent voting, .we're stuck with drunk Pete Hegseth, who is basically... a complete unknown!!
OK punsters..I've had my jollies, and will talk about the election another time.
I promised myself(and people who read my blogs) that I would NOT compare members of the Academy who didn't vote responsibly to what happened on November 5th, but that was before we saw "Hard Truths" last night.
People who know about all things Oscar almost guaranteed that Marianne Jean-Baptiste would get at least a nomination for her performance as the crazy like a fox(TV watcher), angry, hyper critical, wacky, selfish, hilarious, bitchy, quirky, annoying, absolutely mesmerizing Pansy, a middle aged lady that was part curmudgeon, like Larry David, and part delightfully nuts, like me.
It wasn't just the best performance by an actress that I saw in 2024, it was probably the best performance I saw by any actor, in one of my favorite films of the year.
And she was shut out!!
Demi Moore is likely to win this one, and it's a big disappointment, even 'though I liked a lot of her performances in the past.
"The Substance" was a literal horror show, and Marianne Jean-Baptiste deserved that nomination instead of Demi..
Anyway...
It's always a thrill to pick a fabulous movie to see on my birthday weekend, and this was no exception.
As was the dinner that Evan and Michelle joined us for at Squires at Branches, my absolute favorite restaurant in the Garden State.
If you're seeking culinary perfection, order the tomato soup, served with crispy grilled cheese wedges for dipping.
Order it as 'though it'll be your last meal for all eternity, and you'll die happily ever after.
The desserts are to die for..literally, as I almost burned my hair on the sparkler that came with the brownie we shared.
It's such a marvelous experience when your kid is not just your kid anymore, but a grown up to share joyous occasions and good meals and witty conversation with.
And Michelle is amazing too!
Even having "Happy Birthday" sung to me by a few strangers who were dining at a nearby table wasn't embarrassing.
Not when you're with your wonderful, gift-bearing family.
Michelle's parents even gave me a sleek and beautiful black bag..
I have to get used to designer labels now!
Which I think I can do.
The kids(yes, Michelle is my kid now, whom I love like a daughter) gave me a pair of ruby red slippers--perfect for the year of Oz, and a book I'll indulge in today while Jim watches the Eagles sail their way into the Super Bowl.
The book was written by the side-splittingly hilarious Philomena Cunk, and I hope my sides don't literally split from all the laughter I'll experience later today. They also gave me the "Rotten Tomatoes" movie game, which I eagerly look forward to playing...for hours when we're in Woodloch in June, but before then as well.
And nothing says "I Love. (or at least..LIKE) You more than a heart-felt card with a personal message.
I've always hated having a January birthday, but when people plan something as special as last night..I hate it a lot less..even while slip sliding on an icy sidewalk.
Now if only the voters woke up in time.!!.
No comments:
Post a Comment