I've been a mother-in-law for over a week, and it's no surprise that I'm still basking in the afterglow of the main event.
The pictures are still coming! So is the short, sneak peak video! So is all the wonderful feedback! So is the evidence that the love between my son and his wife grows stronger by the minute.
So it's no surprise that I'm still walking on air.
But you know what IS a surprise?
The delightful movie we saw tonight, a little known indie called "The Ballad of Wallis Island." The only recognizable name in it is Carey Mulligan, who became one of my favorite actresses after her unforgettable performance in "Promising Young Woman" for which she deserved the Oscar that sadly eluded her.
This was such a feel good movie, set in Wales. Jim compared it to a Frank Capra film..try to grab it if it's playing near you.
You know what else was a surprise?
Seeing a first name in the film's credits that is familiar to us..the name Asha, shared with our wonderful housekeeper for nearly three decades.
You know what was even a bigger surprise?
That her last name is "Amster", making me whisper to Jim, "So should I be worried that I'm your Maria Shriver?"
(because..you know..the whole housekeeper thing with AH-nold)
But you know what was the biggest surprise of all?
Finally breaking in the pool tonight, which has only been open for a week and a half, which means it's not quite warm enough or clean enough.
So who broke it in?
Unfortunately, Luke! His vision isn't quite what it used to be and the poor little guy fell in.
Jim fished him out right away..he is now warmed up and loving all the TLC.
But we're going to have to watch him like a hawk this summer...and watch the hawks who are watching him.
I miss the derranged, house destroying puppy...but there is a sweetness to our fur baby now that he's in his twilight years.
No comments:
Post a Comment