A world of sleeping in, sipping coffee while completing a challenging crossword puzzle, checking the clouds to see if it pays to don a bathing suit or if the pool is bug and/or leaf-free enough to go in..
Welcome to my world..and now, after forty-eight years of giving AT&T his blood, sweat tears, and brilliance, Jim's too.
Can two retired married folks cohabitate without driving each other crazy?
(That's stealing and paraphrasing the opening bit from "The Odd Couple", plus I'VE been basically retired since birth)
We're either going to turn into Felix and Oscar, George and Martha(the volatile couple played by Burton-Taylor (in "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?") or Romeo and Juliet.
I'm thinking a combo of all of the above.
Happy retirement to my amazing husband..I am so proud of you! Your coworkers sing your praises at the loudest volume as they proclaim what I already know from real life: "Jim doesn't stop until the job gets done. He solves every problem...and if he can't figure out how to do so, he won't stop until he uncovers every piece of the puzzle"
Your smarts, perserverance, and commitment have made you a top notch bread-winner, an excellent provider that has opened up a world for me, your lucky wife, and Evan, our blessed son.
I promise to spend the next chapter teaching you how to nap, how to laugh, how to read the headlines without having a cardiac incident.
We can be that old couple who never talks about physical ailments or GI issues or forgetfulness.
Too late:)
Looking forward to travel and laughter and driving each other up a wall that Mexico is going to pay for.
I'm so proud to be your wife... sending you lots of love and pride...(during Pride Month!)
Now let's have some fun....
No comments:
Post a Comment