Okay, okay, I’m stubborn and I procrastinate and I don’t like people telling me what to do or how to think, even when they recommend something they know I will love.
But I finally listened, and even though I am emotionally gutted and audibly sobbing as I type this, I want to thank everyone who told me to read what will be on the short list of my favorite novels of all time.
Don’t be like me.. don’t be resistant to recommendations or feel manipulated because you’ll miss out on this masterpiece, “The River is Waiting” by Wally Lamb.
I loved all of his novels but this one reached out to me in a way I never thought a book could.
There was humor, relatability, and devastation, yet the read was worth losing sleep over.
This book transformed me.
Fans of “The Shawshank Redemption” will not be able to stop themselves from making comparisons, it’s inevitable .
It’s going to stay with me for days.. weeks.. months after finishing it.
Yeah.. it’s THAT good
No comments:
Post a Comment