Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Post vacation musings..

This is why I wanted to be away on Halloween:  We both reek from Ben-Gay(me from a long term tendonitis issue, Jim from the thing that just happened in Jamaica that I am forbidden to discuss) and the doorbell is ringing non-stop, and Luke is barking like they are terrorists. So a little Spider Man pets him, and next thing I know,  Spider Man plans an exit route through the bushes right by  our front window instead of the path that leads to the door and he's suddenly on the ground, sobbing like Spider Man shouldn't.  The  Dad comes over and yells at the kid for smacking into the outer ledge of a window and then rubs his back.  We're offering the kid water, band-aids, antiseptic, extra candy.   This better not result in a lawsuit..I didn't want to be home for Halloween and I didn't want a dog after Max died. But Spidey's Dad should have been paying closer attention.  Oh yeah, and then Luke gets  out anyway.  Unfortunately, he came back.  Oooh!!  Now another group of kids just rang the bell and I made Jim answer and I hear a chorus of "that's a MEAN dog!" and Jim is trying to deny it.  He might as well have  been in denial if they chanted "he sure looks like a poodle to us!".  All I care about now is that there will be enough  leftover Heath bars for me.

all I'm hearing now is "don't worry about him" as Jim THROWS candy into pillowcases from a safe distance of about 40 yards.. But they ARE worried about him..him being Luke.  And our candy supply is now down to 33 percent..I just made Jim go to the store for more, so now I have to be the one that needs to warn the  little Spideys.  Oh, I wish I could tell everyone my poodle was actually a Rotweiller or a pit bull, but I can't

I'm updating way too often, I know, but Jim just answered the door and told a trick-or-treater, "don't worry about Luke.. He's much worse than he looks"..My husband needs a nap

I've been trusting my next door neighbor with my  spare house  key for over a dozen years, so imagine my absolute SHOCK when...ha!  Just messin' with you, I wanted to see if you were paying attention.  Yes, the mail and newspapers were neatly piled, but OMG..I was sure we were in the wrong house! We bought new carpets and  den furniture before we left, and then upholstered the old stuff and put it into the living room, and she says:  "I have to bring in the mail anyway, would you mind if I picked up a few things to accent the new stuff?"  Needless to say, I have a beautiful home  thanks to her wizardry!  She moved around some artwork and added something she was no longer using, and moved some furniture so it's visually pleasing to the eye and accented with stunning throw rugs and pillows. Who thinks of color coordinating a doily to rest under a telephone on an end table?  She is GENIUS, but I'm not posting pics until Evan comes home for Thanksgiving break and sees her artistry.  Interior decorators can make tons of money, and she should be one!  We  love you Tami!

No comments:

Post a Comment