Saturday, October 1, 2016
Burn baby burn..
Greetings from beautiful Santorini Greece! I am so looking forward to drinking in this beautiful place. I should watch how I phrase things..I think I said the same thing about Tuscany--I don't literally mean "drinking"..I mean "taking in." (So why didn't I say that? I have no idea) I'm looking forward to seeing anything but my bubble wrapped feet. OK, I wasn't going to say anything but because I was thinking this actually could be leprocy, I went to the ship's doctor. He didn't ask me what I weigh because I'm assuming he wants to live. He looked at my feet and said it looked like second degree burns. Weirdly, he, the doctor, diagnosed me with sunburn. I've had a million sunburns during my beach obsessed life, but none that resulted in itchy blisters. I wish I weren't so vain because if I weren't, I would have let Jim video me trying to get into that thigh high shower with my foot wrapped in a plastic bag, But I'm OK, I really am. I survived back spasms and heat stroke and getting verbally assaulted by a watch peddler in Pisa, so I can beat a few little bumps in the road. I wound up discussing this with Dr. Kevin after all, even knowing how he feels about feet. He assured me I won't be quarantined and to just watch that it doesn't get worse. He is on vacation--the dinner table conversation really needed to be about something other than my gross feet, but it quickly turned to current events, and I think most of America would agree that the election is more disgusting than my bubonic plague. Duncan and Hines showed up and I still can't hear her. at all. I wanted to include them, I really did, but I didn't feel right asking Hines if she had any foot issues, so I told her that her rosy sun-kissed cheeks matched her pink blouse. She roared with laughter like I am Amy Schumer! I don't know..I'm oblivious. Maybe that WAS the funniest observation I made all week. We played a game called Majority Rules after dinner ..our team were these adorable husbands from Kentucky, Michael(who looked just like Ross the Intern) and Ebony. (who did not) They are from Kentucky and I'm betting neither are a fan of Kim Davis. The show was spectacular..tango dancers with an Argentinian theme, I will post more after the tour..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment