Sunday, October 2, 2016
Trivia day.. With a parkway detour..
I was way too tired to blog last night, or to participate in "The Quest" which sounds an awful lot like Woodloch's Scavenger Hunt. (For instance: Players had to run around looking for someone who had a SeaPass with the name "Richard" on it, so the wacky emcee named Tornado Tanya could say "There are only two Dicks in the house tonight." ) We are still enjoying the company of Dr. Kevin and Melinda but it's very weird sitting in our semi circle, the four of us at a table for ten. We're not exactly running out of things to talk about(last night's dinner table topic: "cremation") but..well..maybe we need some fresh faces other than Duncan and Hines. We are getting ready to explore a cave in Malta(and no, that's not a sexual euphemism) but now we're convinced we're both coming home in body bags. Don't worry about Evan being an orphan--he never reads the blog. It all started yesterday when I rubbed my itchy left foot with my right and everything popped. So I guess it was blisters after all..itchy ones on the TOP of my feet. Never happened to me--or anyone--before. It's our first kind of drizzly day, and Jim and I decide to go to the hot tub. The only ones in there were two beautiful Italian women with a combined weight of about..half of me..so we had lots of room and tons to say. We look up to see THIS coming into the hot tub: An elderly man, with white hair, a bit of a gut, big yellow teeth..and a bright red rash covering every visible square inch of his body. Alert people would have immediately left that hot tub, which wasn't really hot enough to kill anything like communicable diseases.. At first, Jim is laughing it off, whispering to me "There goes your Patient Zero" but it wasn't all that funny. (Well it was because it's making the blog but give me a sec) I know I use a lot of real names so blog readers can get to know this cast of characters. I cannot use his name. It is very unusual and he is an attorney so if this blog gets into the wrong hands(which it will not..nobody's sharing except that awesome Terri Seiple,) I will be in..(here we go Ro..my one forced joke of the day) ..hot water. Let's just call him Parkway, because he has the same unusual first name as a famous Parkway in New England. Parkway looks at us and says "L'Shana Tova!" I have no idea how he knew we're still kind of Jewish, especially since we've gone to church/casinos and mosques this week. So there he is, covered with rashes and a cough that sounded like he has very advanced TB. He is a brilliant attorney and his cases(and real name) have been in a lot of magazines, You have heard of the trials he's worked on but I'm not saying any more than that. He was so fascinating, but he kept inching closer and closer to us with every fascinating story. There were plenty of seats in that hot tub, but he kept shimmying in, getting inches away from Jim, actually getting skin to skin at times. I, of course, have the emotional maturity of an eight year old so I am trying to suppress a laugh and a cough. Jim will not let me be rude(that ship has sailed) but how could I not laugh when Parkway(Patient Zero) was practically giving Jim a lap dance, while entertaining us thoroughly with tales of what it's like to have known some OJ lawyers on a first name basis.? It rained some more so we got out of the hot tub and Jim is ordering me not to laugh. I decided to go to the next event(Trivia, where you had to ID photos of anyone from William Shakespeare to Lewis and Clark--Dr. Kevin was on our team so we won hats) in a damp bathing suit and cover up, but Jim said he wanted to go back to the room and change..and then added " and to take a bath in Purell" I think I woke up everyone on this floor with my violent cough. (I have taken more meds on this trip than I have all year..Naprosyn, Immodium, Ibuprofen, Benadryl, blister cream, and of course, a lot of meth from our lab before we left) but I am a walking health crisis. Neither of us have flushed all week(in the middle of the night--we DO during the day..we are not donkeys in Santorini!) because we don't want to awaken those poor bastards who have the misfortune to be our neighbors, and then Parkway exposes us to TB anyway. The show was TERRIFIC last night--there were many Elton John numbers(Jim's favorite singer) and the show was followed by a round of 80's music trivia. Our team captain was Gloria from the hot tub(whom I met a few days ago and before Patient Zero got in it) You remember Gloria who entertained a bunch of Aussie kids with me..the LA nurse who wouldn't watch the OJ series? She is BEAUTIFUL..I noticed it on formal night. She looks and dresses like Michelle Obama. I want to be on her team again tonight when the theme is "Michael Jackson." That is, if I'm not quarantined. More after Malta!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment