Monday, March 12, 2018
Forty five
And we are back for surf, mirth, and expanding girth..and look on the beach..it's Irene Worth!! Okay, that's a stretch, but I am very grateful to have the chance to come back to Turks and Caicos for a few days of glorious fun and snarky blogging. We're at Club Med, where the staff all wear the traditional "45" shirts, which used to evoke something wonderful(ergo..being at Club Med()but now I see all these 45 shirts and think of Trump. Which nobody wants to think about on vacation. This trip was planned long before last night's incident that shook me to my core. I saw an ordinary man die before my eyes, walking into the same restaurant I did, maybe even ordering the same meal. I heard his wife's screams as he was choking, and all attempts at Heimlich failed, I saw EMTS furiously giving compressions for what seemed an eternity, and nobody clapped by the time the stretcher came., which could not mean the outcome looked promising. I don't know the final outcome, but I have every reason to assume the worst. So here I am, upset about a stranger who met a terrible fate, and it is motivating me to soak up every moment..live life to the fullest!! (She says as she blogs instead of going to the beach..I will, I will, I just have some things I must say) Auto-correct fixed my careless typing..I attempted "the pen is mightier than the sword" and it came out "penis" and since I don't now, nor have I ever, written for "Family Guy" I will fix this. I ate a crumbly corn muffin on the plane that filled my bra with so many crumbs that robins could build a nest there. My bangs are so cowlicked and drenched with sweat that I don't even look like me. I am trying to describe the blueness of the water as we walked to our room and I have run out of superlatives. I will try to describe the Shape of Water--triangular? Short and squat? OK, I am punch drunk and hot, forgive me. We have a very high tech room key that's activated by a wrist band and it's failed three times so far. But I will NOT complain. I am in paradise. I am grateful. And I will continue to always search for my joy, especially after seeing what happened to a man just out to dinner on a Sunday night. And for people that still read my blog, I promise: There WILL be snark. Right now, I'm just trying to figure life out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment