Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Girlhood
I am still basking in the afterglow of Saturday's camp reunion. It's going to be hard to convince me that I didn't take a time machine back to 1966--with so many other wonderful women. It's hard to believe we lost our girlhoods. For some of us, our Philly accents and our Moms. Our natural hair color. Our fervent religiousity that got us accepted to the camp in the first place. Our small waistlines and our enormous libidos. But despite everything that Mother Nature has done, we are young. We know all the words to silly dining hall cheers and stirring anti-war protest songs that gifted folksingers performed around campfires. We could still kick a ball and make a project in arts and crafts, but I'm betting it would no longer be ceramic ashtrays for our parents. Memories..they are to be treasured for as long as you still have a safe place to store them in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment