OK. I'm pretending I'm on a cruise which means it's blogging time. And Jim is about to go into the shower, and I am hungry, so despite the fact that I'm not rocking, I feel like I'm on a cruise.
Todd is rocking. Todd likes Long Island Iced Teas. And Todd is so freaking hilarious that he should be working here.
A fun morning while the gang worked themselves into a frenzy (and losing miserably) at Winter Olympics, while I stayed nice and cozy playing "Woodloch Goes to the Movies" with cinemaphiles. You know you're in for a fun hour when the game begins with a salute to movies starring Samuel L. Jackson, and you've been quoting Quentin incessantly. (And yes, THAT scene from "Pulp Fiction" was included in the tough game. )
Next came a salute to movie music, and for the life of me, I couldn't remember that EW&F "September" was in "Trolls" but I did get the song from "Brother Where Art Thou" and I remembered "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" was from "Mannequin" because my college BBF James Donio was in that movie. There were team members who knew a lot more about action movies than I do, which meant I was very happy to come in a respectable fourth place.
I really thought today's common movie theme would be the number 8, since clips were shown from "Ocean's Eight" and "The Hateful Eight" and "Eight Below" (and no, we were not given credit when I recognized the rescued huskies in the frozen tundra but called the movie "8 Down Under" instead of "8 Below." )
The morning even started off great--Todd made us play hangman at breakfast without the aid of pencils and paper, and yes, we all had a huge laugh when he screamed out the letter "T!" while the waitress was taking his coffee order and bought his tea instead.
But that is the essence of Todd.
I discovered that when you go to Woodloch during their NYE package you will find that you are not playing your Mama's Scavenger Hunt. It was so stressful! And crazy! And chaotic! And so freakin' fun!!
Jim came back drenched in mud and if I can't ask why, then you can't either. I worked on an impossible puzzle based on "IOUS"..that is, adding those four letters to clip art like "Furious" with a fur coat icon. And yes, it was as impossible as it sounds..but I did write a really good rap song for our team. We came in a respectable..8th or 9th?? Not bad for a mobbed room.
I was proud of my creative thinking too, as when the game called for a team member to be dressed as a wrapped holiday gift, and I told a tween on our team to reverse the lining of her coat..very red and very cheery and very holidayesque.
I really need to learn how to be more comfortable with the group chats on my smart phone, but I think all I'm missing are various sizes and shapes of poop emojis. Again, Todd...
Evan opted for one more game before heading home.."You Be The Judge" with the Amazing Randy, donned in robes and wig and gavel. His humor is unparalleled and he loved the team legal name I suggested.."The Judgmentals."
We heard twelve impossible to solve real life cases and we had to guess the verdict..but I think we were very good because we got the gold. The women on our team--three of us including Marissa and me..got kissed. The men had their medals thrown at them, and watching Todd interact with Randy was worth the price of this whole trip.
Tonight is a gourmet meal and the first Broadway caliber show of the season--a salute to the 1990's followed by a gifted comic.
Tomorrow has Gingerbread Wars and the Amazing Race, which means no medals for us, obviously, but damn, we're having fun!!
What do I have to do to convince you to save every penny until you can afford this? Even if you're not with a family, you will FIND a family.
This is the first time I've rung in the New Year in style. So happy to share the joy with my husband and niece and future hilarious nephew...and son!
Woodloch: Where you can name your team something as ridiculous as "The Sod Poodles" and still experience camaraderie and joy
No comments:
Post a Comment