Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Party like it’s 2019

Welcome 2019..are you going to behave yourself?  

I feel the need to share before packing up, playing one last Woodloch game, and hitting the road before I'm viewed as a B.U.B. (Brutally Untalented Blogger, for those who still need to be refreshed)

Being at Woodloch on New Year's Eve has been on my bucket list for over a decade, and now that's I've experienced it, I wonder...

..is there such a thing as too much of a good thing?  

Or maybe I'm just as old as the hills that I hesitate to walk on?

I think I need to turn back the clock, and the numbers on the scale, and whatever, because while every beautifully clad guest was tripping the light fantastic, I just wanted to turn the lights off. 

 The dinner was the best ever served here..surf and turf with lobster(something I haven't had since 2005 on my last trip to Maine) and prime rib.

We got some prime real estate in the nightclub(being a loyal guest has its perks) and we were provided with noisemakers and hats and streamers and an energetic band and a pulsating dance floor, and I was just wondering why we weren't provided with blankets and pillows.

The countdown, however, was as exciting as I had hoped it would be..the energy in the room could have lit up a small city. This is what Times Square must officially feel like, without hypothermia and long bathroom lines. The air was filled with love and laughter and high spirit and high spirits.

 I just needed a quick drink from The Fountain of Youth..:(

The midnight buffet looked scrumptious, and Todd liked it liked he liked the open bar, but I was too tired to even look at it.

We got to sleep in..and enjoy a wonderful breakfast buffet of specialty items like french toast sticks.

Jim and I then opted to play a game called "Finish Lines" where famous lines from music, TV, movies, and books(and history and philosophy) were read by the emcee, and the teams had to fill out the rest of the quote.  Grading was fairly strict(as it always is here--which makes it fun and challenging) and I discovered while I remember quite a bit, I am way off the mark with my prepositions. 

 I think I learned that I am not smarter than a fifth grader--so when will I learn? 

 We played with a lovely family who know my dear friend and next door neighbor very well..odds are high that you'll only be a degree or two away from anyone with a zest for life when you come to Woodloch.

I think we'll have one last party with the Amazing Randy, where every game becomes a comedy routine, as we try as a team to discover whether Randy is bluffing in the "Liar, Liar" game. 

 I'm coveting just one last medal...

Thanks for sharing my Woodloch experience with me these past few days.

Here's hoping that 2019 allows some of you to experience it in the flesh..

No comments:

Post a Comment