Tuesday, March 26, 2019

The Yeast I Could Do

I've been reminiscing like crazy lately, bringing long-buried  thoughts to the surface(thank you, #MeToo) and recalling too many details of my 20's, including the whole ordeal (or is it hole ordeal) of those dreaded yeast infections I'd get back then. 

I bet some of my friends from TSTC of Philadelphia remember that song I titled "Ode to A Yeast Infection"...And I actually remember the lyrics:

Sung to the tune of "If I Only Had" from "The Wizard of Oz"

Oh my doc said on inspection/I have a yeast infection/it's something that I dread/ well to say the very least/now that I have all this yeast/I should bake a loaf of bread

I feel like such a chippy/uncomfortable and drippy/it's cheesy and it's white/I feel gross and I feel  skeevy/should I mention this to Stevie?/Since we have a date tonight?

Chorus:

Oh why?  Why always me?  who gets this malady? It'll worsen if I reach there for a scratch...I feel betrayed..by my own...____!

It's making me psychotic/I need an anti-biotic/ to kill this dreaded itch!/I know I'm not the only one/but these ordeals are never fun/and this is why I'm such a bitch

Hah!..And I wonder why I could never land a catch in that decade..

No comments:

Post a Comment