I swam--or the Karen version of swimming anyway--in that gorgeous lake, and all I kept thinking about is how color equals happiness.
The blueness of the sky and its contrast with the darker blue of the lake water(with golden highlights from both the sunshine and the shimmering fish that would swim by) the puffy white clouds..the hilariously colorful conversation with my future nephew. This is bliss. This is beyond bliss.
The entire gang is here now, but after a nearly 1:00 AM arrival, there're all still sleeping..but wait'll they see what faces them today!
Yesterday was awesome even without the lake time..we played a movie/tv/music game and came awfully close to winning a medal or a drinking glass. I no longer covet the prize..the prize is being here.
We had a wonderful smorgasbord dinner(my new definition of nirvana: pineapple cupcakes) and then a fun time at a carnival. (The most fun was a celebrity version of "Where's Waldo..Jim was a natural)
We've been reminded a few times thus far that this is the 50th anniversary of Woodstock, and Woodloch is but a hop, skip, and a joint away from Bethel, NY.
I'm not smoking any weed, but I bet the joy I feel is similar to what those rockers felt all those years ago. The band was amazing with their Woodstock tribute...we were rocking in our seats, feeling like we were the only ones in the room--yet feeling like a speck in the crowd.
The Aquarian lost her mind over the first few strains of "Aquarius"..and all the other songs from "Hair."
That was followed by yet another late night game(don't come to Woodloch if sleep is important--the beds are incredibly comfy but you don't want to be in them) that was geared toward Evan's generation..they won, by identifying You Tube clips and video game music. I don't know this culture, but I know happiness when I see this, and their's was infectious!
Let the day been..and let the sun shine in!
No comments:
Post a Comment