just think--it's only 364 days 'til the next trip to paradise...it's the only way to cope with the conclusion of this amazing trip.
I thought the fact that "Broadway Name That Tune" returned after a seven year absence would be the highlight of yesterday, and it was..or would have been...and our second place finish was certainly respectable..
(How much did I deserve to gloat by identifying musicals like "Oliver!" and "Hello Dolly!" just by short clips that had no musical hint?)
(Or that I was able to remember the name "Edna Turnblad" for bonus points when we had to guess who the event's leader was dressed as?)
Or that I recalled that "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face" was from "My Fair Lady?"
Oh yeah, the whole event was a STRONG contender for the highlight of the day and/or week, but it had some mighty fierce competition.
Like...
Gathering in the card room after the hilarious staff show with just my Pickle and blood families for some bigger laughs and camaraderie and bonding and games...
Or..
Spending hours in the lake, appreciating Nature more than ever...
Or..
Watching my team and getting a kick vicariously as they participated in the rip-roaring events of "Pool Games" where they lost a medal by a single point, but still had a load of fun with events like tossing fake(hopefully fake) poop patties into inflatable commodes in the shallow end, or seeing grown men try to cross floating lily pads in the deep end.
All of the was memorable and magical, but the number one highlight had to be when social director Joey approached our team during Pool Games, asking us to gather in the lobby ninety minutes later.
Remember how, in Wednesday's blog, I mentioned that my contribution to the Scavenger Hunt was composing a rap song?
(This is my contribution every time--writing the rap song or a team song in general)
Apparently Joey liked the song I wrote.
He liked it so much that he wanted to make a video.
It already has tons of views on Instagram, and it really shows just how much love our group has for its members.
My writing now is far from sharp..we have to check out within the hour and it's a chaotic zoo at the moment, with Jim having deep talks with my very bright nephew Scott, and the little ones blaring cartoons and doing their adorable dances...
It's hard to concentrate, and I'll probably not even post this to the official blog, but the sentiment is strong even 'though the articulation is weak from all the distractions.
Woodloch has actually made me a better person..
I will never be old if I keep coming here...
No comments:
Post a Comment