I'm a big fan of comedienne Julia Scotti's, even 'though I wasn't tuning regularly into AGT when she was a contestant..I met her at a birthday party after her appearance and fell in love with her wit and talent..and HER, truth be told. So glad to enjoy her daily on FB, and when a friend of hers wished her a Happy Rosh Hashana, (she's a two-percent "Mot") Julia remarked that she's is always inspired to sing: "Rooooosh! Hashana, where the winds come sweeping down the plain!" when she gets that greeting.
Her comment inspired me to write a Rosh Hashana song, but I'n no Randy Rainbow, even with the middle name Randi. But my BFF liked the song and wanted me to share it here, so enjoy your holiday and my goofiness:
Rooosh! Hashana/where the winds come sweepin' down the plain!/there's so much to eat/the brisket's sweet/the burnt kugel's going down the drain!/Rooosh! Hashana!/it precedes the time we all atone/if you look, you'll find/this dirty mind/ as it asks why "chauffeurs must be BLOWN?"/We know we will gorge/we can't stop/on this New Year/will matzoh balls drop?/Will they drop there? (yikes!)/As crowds watch in Times Square?/(Yikes!) We're only saying/here, on this day, we're ALL Jewish/Rosh Hashana!/Oy Vey!
No comments:
Post a Comment