and the month long celebration continues!
People who know me well know that I don't like events centered around eating and drinking(yeah, I know, I know..you wouldn't conclude that by looking at me) but I'll make an exception for the impossible to get into restaurant, Brando's in Asbury Park.
We made a reservation over three weeks ago--to this place rated the number one restaurant in Asbury Park--to this place recently visited by Springsteen and Bon Jovi and Governor Phil Murphy(all in one night) and even 'though we can't justifying going there more than once a year, it met and exceeded all our very high expectations. And broke the bank, but was worth every delectable calorie.
Beggars Purses sounds like an alternative rock band, but they are a delicious app. And then I ordered the hanger steak with root vegetables..each forkful brought on a mind-numbing food-gasm.
Speaking of root vegetables and getting back to my original thought, I don't do "just dinner" so we crossed the street to see the only movie we haven't already seen, a documentary about ....mushrooms.
Yep..my fun guy and I sat through "Fantastic Fungi" and I felt like I was smoking some major weed. Or killing off the rest of the Oxy I was prescribed last fall. Or eating..mushrooms.
What a wild ride with time-lapse photography like you've never seen.
Watching mushrooms sprout in slow motion is a tripping experience...and a pornographic one if you have a mind like mine.
Getting old isn't as bad as I thought...and yes, I'm craving mushrooms.
Sauted in creamy butter..with garlic cloves and shallots...
I'm already high
No comments:
Post a Comment