Remember that time?? Not too long ago??
We all got vaccines?? To stop polio?
A small paper cup and some pink sugar cubes..
(much better to deal with than needles and tubes)
And who else remembers that whole small pox thing?
A shot in the arm: Some were warned, "this may sting"
But oh no..not for ME!..not THIS young girl from Philly
Whose Mom barked: "No arms!! Her blouses are FRILLY!
No daughter of MINE'S gonna have that "red ring"
..it's just not attractive..she'll be part-y-ing!
Give her the shot..find a good place to hide..
Maybe her thigh?? Or somewhere inside??"
I was..maybe five..and in no mood to quarrel..
But oh, how amiss was my missed mother, Laurel!
I HATE "frilly blouses".. and let's tally guesses"
Yep! You're ALL right..I loathe frilly dresses!
I won't cover up any blemish or scar..
I'm just not that girly--more "come as you are'
I won't hide my flab and I won't hide my fat
I am who I am..what's the matter with that??
I know that my poem is getting too long..
so now I'll break out, in a new Broadway song!
(with apologies to Marvin Hamlisch and Edward Kleban)
ONE!! Simple vaccination!
Hopefully..no side effects!
None! There's no weird sensations...
I don't crave..kinky sex!
No matter..soon I'll recover!
Dis'cov'rin' THIS
one shot..and look what I got..
It's eternal..bliss!!
ONE!! Quick inoculation!
In my fleshy upper arm!
Skeptics??
It will do NO harm!
so why..
not..?
Oh..my!!
Get a quick injection!
Don't..die! Get yourself protection!
While..they're..hot!!
*****
ONE!! Simple vaccination!
Next one's scheduled in three weeks..
ONE! Ting-ly sensation..
given to me by geeks!
One shot of wonderful, curative medicine!
It wasn't too far by car..(went to Edison!)
ONE!! Painless shot of Pfizer..
just a pinch...a tiny burn!
Normal life can soon return!
and I'm..
not..
feelin'!
Angry, cross, or grouchy!
Thanks to..brilliant Dr. Fauci!
Almost..done!!
(cue the kick line)
No comments:
Post a Comment