Hey..98.6..so good to have you back again!!
Another Saturday night and I ain't got..scratch that..I DO got..
Plans! With my husband! For an evening that promised a lot more than a bite to eat and watching the tube at home by 8:00 PM
It was surreal being out tonight, being a mere fifteen minutes away in Freehold, NJ, but after not being there in nearly fifteen months, I might as well have been in Uganda.
Everything looked so strange, like when your house shrinks during the summer after you come home from camp, or when you're not sure if there's a new restaurant or a demolished one when you cross over the drawbridge and arrive at the vacation spot you haven't been to in a long time.
The theater was relatively empty: the popcorn was divine, and "In the Heights" was a Busby Berkley musical for this decade. I felt like I was in a kaleidoscope: splashy and vibrant colors and pulsating music...plus superior acoustics to when I saw the play in a community theater.
Welcome back, Date Night.
You were missed more than you know
No comments:
Post a Comment