Gotta bring Probst my torch..I've been snuffed. And I don't care, because it was a weekend filled with a lifetime of memories.
I finally calmed down enough to sleep!
In the coziest bed I've ever been in!
C'mon, hot young guy, see if you can get "Butch Cassidy" before me TODAY, with this fully rested brain of mine.
C'mon..I DOUBLE DARE ya!
(Pun is deliberate..when we return in June, "DOUBLE DARE" is one of the most popular activities)
My brain betrays me when it's tired, and I'm talking way beyond clerical errors.
I got up in the middle of the night the day we arrived, groping in the dark so I wouldn't wake Jim, wondering why I couldn't find the toilet or sink, wondering why the towel rack was crammed with fluffy bathrobes and my dress pants, until I realized I was in the closet.
Not making that mistake again!
We had a simply scrumptious dinner served by a simply scrumptious server. I think Jim (and Todd and Marissa) had full blown food-gasms over the "best eggplant ever consumed" served by the handsome and charming and extremely competent Nico.
The theme show returned, and it was worth the two year wait. This year was "A Salute to Islands" which only played in January and February, 2020, but returned with tweaks and sensations and pulsations.
It went way beyond your typical salute to reggae and ska and "Moana" and Bob Marley, although if the show had been that alone it would have been amazing!
Nope..they used the word "island" quite literally, with a Billy Joel salute(he hails from Long Island) and some spectacular Elton John numbers that had Jim swaying and singing on his feet ..Although what Sir Elton has to do with an island is beyond me)
They even cheated a tad with their Broadway salute, but that was legit, because Manhattan is a real island, and the shows they chose to highlight were fantastic--"The Cher Show" and best of all, "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" and my dead brain was awakened and it was dancing and it was very happy!
A very clever comic, Billy Garan, followed the revue and had us roaring with his "Casablanca" wheel that allowed for him to do spot on impressions of every character/actor with areas cut out to show his face in the wheel.
Ugh..I mentioned the word wheel..reminding me that I was a runner-up in a game that is in my...
Wheel house..
We're going to play an always hilarious game of "Family Feud" and then we'll hit the road..satisfied, gratified, and full of bliss and egglant(for some of us) and wonderful memories.
The winner..of "Survivor Weekend", season one, episode one, is....
(Cue parchment paper)
ALL of us!
Every single freaking one of us!
See you in June, my beloved Woodloch!
No comments:
Post a Comment