Just took a wonderful nostalgic journey, which made me miss my parents and grandparents and my hometown of Philadelphia.
Don’t miss the wonderful documentary, “automat” which is comfort food for both body and soul. I think I do remember eating in an actual horn and hardarts, but the last one in Philly closed when I was ten, so am I really remembering it accurately? Of course, I’m sure I remember being six months old, so why wouldn’t I remember eating cafeteria Mac and cheese while watching trolley cars whiz by?
What a joy to see Mel brooks describing culinary experiences, or Ruth bader Ginsberg looking fondly back at simpler times.
I love when I get to blog about nostalgia, but I realize it will never lead to fame and fortune.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad my mind is still sharp, but that and a nickel will get me a cup of coffee..
No comments:
Post a Comment