Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Blind emotion

This. Iss. Chris.

Bravo, Chris ("Toby") Sullivan!
Kudos, Chris ("Phillip") Geere!
Hats off, Chrissy("Kate") Metz!

And even 'though Vanilla Yogurt  Parfait girl's character's name hasn't been revealed yet, you know it's crystal clear  the future Mrs. Toby Damon's name is going to be Christine  or Chrysanthemum.

 Or the actress who portrays her will have a variant of the name. 

(Does she already?  I didn't check)

 (You're lucky my phone is convenient..there's no way I would have gotten the spelling of the flower right otherwise)

Jesus CHRIS, did we ever  see some good acting chops in last night's episode.

THERE WILL BE SPOILERS

I'm picturing all three actors naked now, with their well deserved naked Emmys.  

(They are naked because of their vulnerability and because they are in my dream, probably cramming for tests they didn't study for.)

I wouldn't mind seeing Justin Hartley undressed, but that's another story for another dream.

OMG, did those writers tug on our heart strings or what!!

Phillip's backstory alone almost sent me to the medicine cabinet, looking for expired tranquilizers.

His ex was..blind!???
She was kind!!???
She was barren!!??
(was she a... Karen????)
guts were spilled!
she was... killed!

OMG, could her life have been any more tragic?? 

 What,  writers... no tuberculosis?

The writers deftly explained in "Katoby" that divorce can be a good thing., but the marriage counselor scared the crap out of me, and anyone else in a long term marriage, I'm guessing.

I don't overly criticize like Kate, do I?  

Do I??

I mean..there ARE  his shoes  all over the floor!  And  his dishes in the sink!  And there's that pesky widowhood during football season. 

Again, this is "Blue Valentine" good.  It's "Scenes From a Marriage" scary.

Also, you'd have to be blind not see see how adorable baby Jack is.

 (OK..I know. I know....but did I ever claim to have good taste?  Haven't you seen the way I dress and accessorize?)

Jack gets his happy ending, and he and Hailey didn't even have to set up a parent trap in order to get it.. 

 It's all good.

It's all GREAT and I can't wait 'til the next episode.

Chrissy was given some great material for her monologues.  

She had a point (!!) about  those pencil-thin  women that the womanizer Phillip usually attracts. We can see why he fell for a non-pencil like Kate..we ALL fell for Kate.

And Rebecca..

And Miguel..

And...

Wow.  Just wow.

How can they possibly end this show??

I can't even end this blog.

I'll end it by saying I just used the compound word "non-pencil" and it made perfect sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment