Tuesday, November 8, 2022

The latest political trend.. bra-less voting

Jim said if I didn't feel like driving myself to the polling place(which I didn't) that I could go with him, but we needed to leave immediately.

I get into the car and tell him that my hair was still wet and I wasn't wearing a bra.

He quipped:  "You're not wearing a bra?  Then you can't vote"

I respond:  "You don't know how accurate that is in some countries, where what a woman wears or does not wear determines if she can vote or not."

We arrive at the fire station and he gives his name, and I thought one of the poll workers was yanking his chain when he asked, "Jim Amster??  Not THE Jim Amster, are you?"

Turns out it was a friend from graduate school..they both went to Stanford.

He then said, "small world..come get your ticket to enter the booth.  Your wife cannot vote without a bra"

(OK..he didn't.  I'm just trying to make dumb jokes to mask my fear of a red tidal wave)

No comments:

Post a Comment