We may not have been able to use the pool, but the weekend was still a fun one.
Is there anything more delicious than the texture and glaze and seasonings to a carnivore like yours truly than perfectly cooked short ribs? And is there any place in the world that makes them better than the Bistro in Red Bank, NJ, accompanied by crunchy roasted brussels sprouts and cheese infused whipped potatoes?
Some people post dinner pics; I just write detailed post-mortems that bring on major foodgasms.
Even before 9:00 AM.
After this should-be-your-last-meal-it-was-that-effin-good-meal, we went to see Kevin James in concert, he of "The King of Queens" fame.
There were no visible queens present.
Or visible Democrats.
Or many visible persons of color.
But the humor still made us laugh, even some of the blue collar stuff. He did a bit about small talk(anyone who reads my blogs knows I have a very definite opinion on THAT) that would have had me rolling in the aisles, if the aisles were ever CLEAR.
Those blue collar folks: they love their bathroom breaks as much as they love showing off their tats..
Sunday was a good day too, dining on perfect Jewish comfort food in a deli that had 60's music piped in, with waitresses who'd sway with their trays, claiming they just don't write songs like this anymore.
So true... We knew every artist and every lyric.
We're Woodloch-bound shorty, and if there was a "Sixties Only" category for "Name That Tune" we'd be rolling--rolling down the river--rolling... like a rolling stone.
And maybe even rollin' in the aisles if there are less drunks needing bathroom breaks.
A great weekend despite a not-so-great forecast was topped off with four episodes of an exciting new series, "Platonic."
Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne have true chemistry, and I'm really hoping they stay "just friends."
Friendships can be just as intimate and just as deep as non-platonic relations--when they are sincere, and in this show, they are.
Looking forward to spending more time with Seth&Rose next Sunday night..when hopefully, there will be ample sunshine to enjoy during the day.
I am functioning on very little sleep. Luke hogged the mattress and a nagging question hogged my mind.
I don't know WHY I was thinking of the ten films nominated for Best Picture in 2022 when I should have been getting quality sleep, but I was thinking about them..all ...nine.. of them.
I could not for the life of me think of the tenth..and I didn't want to disturb Jim's sleep by checking on-line, but you heard it here first:
Never put yourself through a brain exercise like that.
You will NOT think of the missing title, and you will feel ready for the trash heap the next day.
Ironically, it, the title that escaped my mind, was my second favorite film of all the nominees for Best Picture last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment