Sunday, May 28, 2023

Mrs Maisel was marvelous

The answer is:  Alex Borstein, Rachel Brosnahan, Tony Shalhoub, Luke Kirby..

What is or who are:  "Actors guaranteed to take home Emmy awards?"

Or as Matt Amodio would say, with all his adorableness, "What's actors guaranteed to take home Emmy awards?"

What a season!

  What a finale! 

 What a pleasure it was to hear  a genuinely  HILARIOUS bit from Miriam "Midge) Maisel, where her invitation to join Gordon Ford(possible nominee as a guest appearance by Reid Scott) on the couch--only bona fide superstars get that invite after their set--was deserved. 

The fifth season was probably my favorite, although the montage of seasons past over the closing credits  prove that this show had very few misses and a slew of hits. 

"Gilmore Girls" will always win the title, at least for me, as proof   that  the Palladinos are the best writing team in the business, but this show just reinforces that opinion...they create comedic gold, and they do so with heart and wisdom.

We caught a wonderful movie last night, the quiet, understated Julia Louis-Dreyfus vehicle, "You Hurt My Feelings."

 It's a little slow-paced, but I'm beginning to see a pattern here.  Most of the movies I love enough to write these mini reviews are paced like that.  

No car crashes, just ego clashes, which make the characters real and raw and relatable. 

(Although unlike Julia's character, Beth, I actually welcome negative feedback of anything I write. It makes me strive for improvement)

Pool day today!

Swim suit is on..and still fitting.

Sunscreen will be on... shortly.

The actually nerve to jump in when the water temperature is still this cold?

The jury's still out, but I'm guessing they'll rule in favor of the plaintiff..and I'll work up the nerve to take that plunge.

Italian subs for lunch on the patio,  full Kindle, lotsa sunshine.

Who could ask for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment