Saturday, January 16, 2021

Promising young movie

If you are a Proud Boy, a Trump supporter, a victim of toxic masculinity, a misogynist, or any combo of the above,  then I cannot recommend one of  the best movies I've seen in a decade, and not just because it doesn't star Vin Diesel and it's not about NASCAR.

If, however, you love dark comedies, revenge thrillers, shows like "Dead to Me", "The Morning Show",  and/or  "Dietland," or movies like "Thelma and Louise" or virtually anything  directed by Quentin Tarantino,  you will be thanking me profusely for ordering you to purchase Amazon Prime immediately if you don't already have it.

We were laughing, gasping, quivering, riveted, and totally blown away with the performance by Carey Mulligan and all her co-stars in "Promising Young Woman."

This OLD woman can PROMISE you this:

You will not be bored.

If Carey Mulligan does not win the Oscar, I think my feminist friends and I may form an organized protest outside of the..hmm..what theater will play host to  Academy Awards held in this year?

We're not going to break down the barricades and muddy up the rest carpet; we'll just stand in unison, chanting "Mulligan Was Robbed!"

My God, this was a PERFECT movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment