Saturday, February 27, 2021

I care a lot about getting out of the house

Guess what cuckoo bird was finally released from her cage today?

It was only  to go to the dentist. 

 I didn't even know cuckoo birds had teeth.

But it felt GREAT being in that chair, being poked with sharp instruments and practically water-boarded with the minty  rinses.

Because I got OUT, and I have the smile to prove it, and I could unmask while getting that smile.

Wish there was a cure this good for Covid hair. A cure that didn't require being masked for two hours.

Once I tasted freedom, I wanted more..more..MORE!

Which I got, when we went to a real restaurant at an insanely early hour. The hour senior citizens go, which we basically are, although you wouldn't know it from what I ordered.

I ordered something a cave man would eat in hibernation, but it was delivered by a waiter!   On a real plate. With a real beverage served in a glass.

The freedom was great while it lasted, but then it was time to pay a visit to our local cinema, formerly known as our den, or in my case, because of my eating habits that I don't apologize for, our cave.

Our first selection was "Minari" and it was a very satisfying family drama, although I still couldn't tell you what "Minari" is--some kind of medicinal herb that Koreans use in stews and soups.

Something that a caveman/cave woman would not digest.

I'm getting a little overwhelmed by all these movies about poor people and their big loving hearts.  Last week, it was nomads in vans and this week, immigrants in rural Arkansas, and in both movies, how uncanny is this, characters talked about using buckets as toilets out of necessity.

Made this Karen really appreciate her bidets.

That's right.  I said it.  Bidets, as in plural. As in I have more than one bidet in this house.  I need to shut up.

"Minari" seems slow and boring, like "Nomadland" often did,  but I really loved it.  The performances were outstanding.

Since we did our early bird special for dinner, Jim agreed to a double feature for the entertainment leg of date night..

Our second movie was if Thelma and Louise got all coked up and decided to rip off some key elements of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

(OMG..I said "cuckoo" again-- for the third time in this blog!)

I cared a lot at first, but then "I Care a Lot" turned into a boring, confusing mess.

Rosamund Pike's character made the one she played in "Gone Girl" look like Maria Von Trapp.

Too much violence, too much contrived plot lines with holes as big as the Arkansas farm in "Minari"..and way too pretentious for this old lady.

(Which, ironically, was what drew me to the movie in the first place--I expected a black comedy about unscrupulous folks who rip off naive old ladies)

Going to take my nice self and nice polished  teeth to bed soon.

Next stop:  "The Golden Globes."

I will so miss our traditional viewing with dear friends, but I am eager to watch Amy and Tina rip anyone apart who deserves it.

Oh..and best of all on this day:

My yak looks like a poodle again! 

 The groomer deserves every accolade thrown her way

No comments:

Post a Comment