Saturday, February 20, 2021

I’m no nomad

I'm a strange bird--and the first to admit it.

Seems like all I do on Facebook these days is complain about the virus, and how isolated I am because of it, and how I fear I'll never venture outside again.

Tonight, after watching "Nomadland", I'm not sure I want to.

I LOVE my house!

It's big!

It has kitchen facilities!

I do my business in a warm bathroom, with a bidet!  That shoots warm water!

 The only time I need a bucket is for..is for absolutely nothing.!

 I don't need buckets!!

I have fresh linens on my bed..and fresh food that yeah, I might be sick of eating and tired of the required meal planning, but I am grateful that I'm not Frances McDormand and I'm not living in a VAN!

A van I'd be too scared to drive on deserted roads.

The movie is very slow paced and although it seems like nothing happens, everything happens.

Against beautiful backdrops of the West.

It feels like a documentary(and a lot of non-actors are used) and it really makes you grateful for that roof over your head.

Frances McDormand is favored to win her third Best Actress Oscar--richly deserved, too, although I personally would give it to Carey Mulligan for "Promising Young Woman" which is still my favorite movie of the year.

It astounds me how people in this country are forced to live, often not by choice.

 I thought I was poor as a single woman working crap jobs and sharing an apartment with my BFF, but that was not poor.

Poor is what  was in the movie tonight.

Time to count my blessings.

One..two..three..ten thousand..twenty thousand...

No comments:

Post a Comment