THANK YOU, lovers of excellent TV, who have recommended "White Lotus."
THANK YOU in advance, said lovers, for NOT posting spoilers because we've only watched the first two OUTSTANDING episodes.
I've come to the conclusion that I much prefer character-driven stories to plots with lots of repetitious action.
I'd rather watch two people having a stimulating conversation than two dragons having a sword fight on an airport tarmac.
But I worry..I worry that these stimulating conversationalists might morph into duds who talk about returning tea towels to Target.
Like they would in real life.
But I don't think is going to happen with "White Lotus"
I'm also reading an excellent book, "Falling Skye" by Mia McKenzie. It's laugh-out-loud hilarious, and it's set in Philly..
..which makes me a little sad that some of my Philly friends can't make next week's reunion, which we starting planning in April, because of Delta variant concerns.
It's bumming me out, but small crowds work too..as we discovered yesterday by spending the day with some wonderful friends who love a warm pool, a warm burger, and warm hospitality as much as we do.
Happy "Rest of the Summer" to all my Facebook friends and yes, I'm hearing those annoying strains of "The Party's Over" too..like I do when we're shoved out of a banquet hall after the last dance.
It was a good summer, it really was.
At least..compared to last year
With apologies to the late great Helen Reddy:
Delta strain/you are driving us insane/you shouldn't be this hard to contain/you should not thrive /I chose (to) cooperate/just like those who vaccinate/it's time that we all get back to our lives...
No comments:
Post a Comment