Yes, I'm going to be THAT Karen in my" THAT Karen" update of the day:
I want to go in the pool.
I NEED to go in the pool, but it's got so many berries in it that it's basically a couple thousand gallons of FRUIT juice, thanks to my neighbor's tree...(or as she would pronounce it, "twee")
You can see the tree from two blocks away.
From two towns away.
But you don't dare ask her to do anything about it.
I've been there, done that.
I'd rather deal with the berries than the sound of her grating voice.
It's got twigs, leaves, berries, and bugs..(hey..it's BUG JUICE!!) and the vacuum cleaner doesn't work.
It is waiting for a diagnosis at the pool store.
And if the diagnosis comes soon, like within the next hour or so, we may not be able to pick it up.
(we call our Polaris pool vacuum "Steve"..I have no idea why)
IF Steve is OK and ready to come home, he may have have to wait, because we can't pay the bill at the pool store because of the NINE THOUSAND DOLLAR credit card bill Jim racked up at a Vegas Hotel earlier this week , plus all that money he spent at that Pep Boys in Vegas..
..which...
.... he OBVIOUSLY didn't 'effin' DO!!
So because he's a victim of credit card fraud, I have to swim in fruity bug juice.
(I admittedly get kind of a perverse kick out of the panicked bugs as they use leaves as flotation devices)
I'll jump in and I'll be a good sport about it and pretend it's a lake.
I've been neglecting my Kindle(except for that FABULOUS Mia McKenzie book, "Skye Falling") and I'm just not digging what I'm
now half-way through, Emily Layden's "All Girls"....
It is well-written, I guess, but there are way too many characters and I'm not investing anything in any of them
It's OK, and I will try to finish "All Girls" today because..I have no choice.
I HAVE to go into that pool and read SOMETHING poolside.
Oh, and speaking of "All Girls"
..I would have been perfectly content to stay in my air-conditioned house and catch up on the all-girl(or mostly all-girl) cast of "Girls5Eva"
I started it a few weeks back, resumed it today, and was laughing like a hyena every time Busy Philipps or Paula Pell opened their mouths.
It is a great show, but Peacock won't let me watch more than three episodes without paying for them, which I'm willing to do, except ...
...that butt hole in Vegas has Jim's credit card!!!!
..which we need to order more episodes!!
The Peacock and pool problems will be fixed shortly, I know that.
OK Karen..shut up and go do your pool exercises.
Or as everyone in my family constantly reminds me with this, the inspiration for those t-shirts that made us celebrities during our Woodloch vacation last month,
"Karen..calm down!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment