Saturday, May 28, 2022

Blogs Burgers

Jim and I just saw something really great at the movie theater--an armed guard next to  the ticket taker.

 And a few teenagers who looked unarmed standing by all the exits with buckets of popcorn.

And name tags.

We both knew this would never stop anyone maniac with an AR15--but we're relieved to know that somebody made an ..effort...????

The movie, actually, was a laugh a minute, the full-feature version of the smartest offering on Fox and  Sunday night "Animation Domination."

Yes..I realized I used "Fox" and "smart" in the same sentence, but "The Bob's Burger Movie" was really hilarious, and you don't have to be a regular viewer to fall in love with all the wacky characters and the plot.

I've always loved the firecracker Louise,  voiced by the pistol Kristen Schaal..one of the few female voice over actresses who actually provides the voice of a female.  I love that loopy Louise Belcher  in her pink rabbit ears hat, the little feminist who probably somehow inspired those pink pussy hats we all donned in 2016.

I should like the chinless, cowlick-banged,  goofy looking, bespeckled Tina the most , since I look a lot like her, or would if she gained eighty-seven pounds, and OMG--I MUST stop bragging about my youthful beauty! I graduated high school forty nine years ago!

Very clever lyrics!   It's a cartoon..a comedy..a musical!!

 I'd expect nothing less from the "Bob's Burgers" team.  That, and clever sandwich names like Mia Hamm-burger  and Patty's Gettin' Fatty.

What a nice way to start off Memorial Day weekend--making dumb, forced jokes about our new patio, showing the hideous "before" picture with the cracked cement, quipping that it "wasn't all it's cracked up to be" or the equally bad description of the new pavers, citing that the improvement hit me like a "ton of bricks."

We got our pavers yesterday and were told not to walk on them for at least twenty-four hours, since they had to settle, and wouldn't you know it?  Luke and Jim were in total cahoots at 2:00 AM, as I was getting my Tina Belcher beauty sleep, and they decided one of them  just HAD to urinate.. outside

.So if the pavers sink by the end of the season, you heard it here first.

We couldn't use the pool(because we were not allowed to walk on the stones leading to it, unless we were both poodles with full bladders, which we are not) so we watched the first part of the George Carlin documentary on HBO, and it is terrific.  We got nostalgic, of course, but we loved how edgy his comedy was three or four decades ago--and how topical  it seems today.

The only weird part of the day was our daffy waiter at Perkins, which yeah, I know, who goes to a pancake place for dinner?

I ordered my usual--open faced hot roast  turkey sandwich with chicken noodle soup and he read it back as, "turkey soup with roast chicken?"

I politely cleared up his confusion, and then he returns, asking me to repeat the order, which I did.

Five minutes later, he comes back and(if you don't believe this part, ask Jim) and says, "so wait..you're telling me you want an ENTIRE roasted turkey??  Like..at Thanksgiving?"

Like..would that actually be on the menu..on Memorial Day weekend??  

Would he bring a baster and a carving knife to the table?? A vat of candied yams??

I corrected him again, and Jim shakes his head and says to me, "you're not getting your soup" and he was right.   I didn't.

The guy shows up with (an already carved slice of turkey, sandwiched between two slices of gravy soaked bread) but no soup because he "didn't realize I wanted soup."

Ya' wanna know what's ironic about this story???

We had this exact experience last time we had dinner at Perkins, which was only a few weeks ago, only that time it was a female inept server.

Yeah, I know..there's a labor shortage.

Chain restaurants hire whatever help they can get.

But next time we're craving a quickie before a movie, I'm making Jim take me to Bob's Burgers...

No comments:

Post a Comment