NOW who am I going to fantasize about??
Ethan Hawke's been out of my erotic dreams since the "Before" trilogy ended, (and he got so scary looking) but was quickly replaced by the late night host I considered the world's sexiest.
WTF, Jimmy Kimmel?
I told my Jim that this was a mistake while you were doing it.
The Susan Lucci/always a bridesmaid schtick wears thin after awhile, but your "while" ruined Quinta Brunson's special Emmy moment "while" she tried to give her well deserved acceptance speech over your dead body.
I'm hot for you because you're NOT a misogynist--or at least you weren't--until that stupid gag.
I haven't been this disappointed in a champion for women since Louis CK wrote that terrific script for Sarah Baker, (highlighting dating struggles of plus-sized America, which at the time was compared to what Rosa Parks did--and by legitimate commentators, not just me) and then turning around and exposing himself.
And I don't mean exposing his empathetic soul, but you already knew that.
Witty, insightful, sensitive men like these guys love women--they gotta stay in their lane.
There were some Emmy highlights for me, particularly "The White Lotus" recognition, and the award love for Jennifer Coolidge in particular.
I had zero interest in who won Best Actress in a Drama since Mandy Moore's name was egregiously not on the list, but I did note that Kelly Clarkson looked like a Supreme Court Justice as she presented the award to Zendaya, and I guess I should watch the show before I judge it.
Very annoyed with the shut out for "Better Call Saul", especially since voters were smart enough to finally nominate Rhea Seahorn for her last and only shot at the gold.
What does Bob Odenkirk have to do for attention?
Face a painful death in a desert while being pursued by a dangerous cartel?
(OK..that one we can blame on the comb over)
I'm in the minority here when I say that as much as I like "Ted Lasso", it doesn't rope me in like other shows did, especially "Hacks" and "Abbott Elementary."
Or "Never Have I Ever" which has never been ever nominated.
(And yeah, where was the recognition for "Black-ish" in its swan song?)
Was overwhelmed by Lizzo and underwhelmed by Kenan.
Actually depressed that Hannah Einbinder didn't win for her BRILLIANT performance, where, as Ava, she had to read the humiliating and scathing emails she wrote about her boss--to her boss.
(Jean Smart deserved every single accolade she got)
If you're reading this, ignore me because it was obviously written by a ghostwriter.
I swore I was going to boycott the Emmys because of the vile "This is Us" shutout, so I didn't write a single word in any part of this post.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment