Sunday, September 11, 2022

je ne sais quoi

it was nice to infuse a little sunshine into this grey and nasty day.

We drove around Monmouth County, which lost a lot of residents on 9/11, and it made me smile as we'd  pass  by all the schools and banks and municipal buildings that displayed the names of those we lost on brightly colored flags that waved with passion, despite the chill in the air and the agonizing reason why they're displayed in the first place.

We then took in a matinee of a movie that will surely make my list of the year's best.

If you liked "..And Just Like That" or especially "Emily in Paris" you're going to LOVE "Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris" and until I saw the marquee, I thought she was "Mrs. Arris" the whole time.

The trailers don't do it justice..it absolutely oozes with charm and humor and just enough drama to hold my interest.  

Everyone needs to see a feel good movie on a day like this, and this will absolutely warm the cockles of even the coldest hearts.

I never cared for fashion, but I couldn't take my eyes off of all the Christian Dior creations..each more dazzling than the frock that preceded it.

I wanted to sing "La Marseilles"  and eat some french fries and hug my french poodle while listening to the original Broadway cast of "Les Miserables" on the way home.

Thank you, Mrs. Harris, for brightening my day..my week..my month! 

Bon jour!

No comments:

Post a Comment