Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Mad honey with a side of mole

All the loud-- the very loud and very positive buzz you've heard about Jodi Picoult's "Mad Honey" is well deserved, even if you're not a beekeeper, which I kind of wish I was.

This was co-written by Jodi and in my opinion, it's one of her best.

Smart readers love a good who dunnit, and even 'though I'm only occasionally smart and I don't read as much as I'd like to, I figured out the who in the who dunnit  pretty early on... and still couldn't put the kindle down. 

(I'm grateful I wasn't reading a paper copy--my ego is fragile enough to want to  make me want leap ahead to the end just to confirm my hunch, which I'm so glad I didn't do)

Now, if I only possessed the powers of deduction to figure out who "The Mole" is, a revamped Netflix offering that is much more exciting and much more high-tech than the Anderson Cooper version we all loved in the early 2000's was.

I'm sure there are brainiacs who have watched the five available episodes(three more come out on Friday and the last two some time after that) while taking copious notes on their laptops, while I make dumb remarks like, "she has a mole on her neck..is that a clue?"

Netflix subscribers should check it out..it's exciting, suspenseful, brainy, and funny, and you'll be holding your breath watching as  the screen turns green(a contestant is safe if their phones light up in that color) or red..which means he or she is out of the game, because even if their hunch about The Mole's identity was spot-on, they neglected to take notes on how many pancakes they consumed at that morning's breakfast, or how many siblings they have at home, cheering them on.

If you're into suspicious moles, then you should get it screened  as soon as possible, and nope..not gonna apologize for that lame attempt at humor.

I wouldn't be me without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment