Thursday, February 16, 2023

The start of something big

Evan stopped by for dinner last night, where I served Shepherd's Pie, a recipe I got from a blue haired lunch lady in a hairnet in 1962.

Jim and I were stacking the dishes, and as he was wrapping leftovers in "tin foil," I asked him, "shall you wash while I dry?..Let me just change my heels and grab a fresh apron"

No I didn't.

We have a dishwasher. and I don't own an apron..or a pair of heels....just wanted to see if you were listening.

I then get an urge to hear some music to clear the table by, but I'm not cool like the Boomers from "The Big Chill" who twerked to Motown while doing the same chore, so   I asked Alexa to play "This Could Be the Start of Something Big", a feel good song sung by Steve Lawrence and written by another Steve, Steven Allen, who used it for the theme of "The Tonight Show" when he hosted.

Evan was adjusting the rabbit ears on the old RCA, (again..just wanted to see if you're still with me, he was actually on his tablet, tracking flight paths) when he hears this peppy lilt from the other room and asks, "Oh my God..what century is this from?"

And then, not one, but TWO, TWO sitcoms from last night's ABC line-up made fun of aging Boomers who use Facebook. 

(You're not  finding this post on Tik Tok..if you're reading this, get your bifocals and join the (Shriners)' Club.)

These references are getting old.

Pass the Geritol

No comments:

Post a Comment