Wednesday, February 14, 2024

My brittle valentine

"A Valentine's Day Poem"

My husband MUST love me..
at least, a little
He ordered some real southern
sweet pecan brittle
It looked so delicious..! All day... I CRAVED some..
(It seemed to be packaged in ti-tan-i-um)
We both just indulged..I'm feeling quite bloated
and every last tooth is now hard-candy coated..
My bestie got roses!
Which she can't display
her cats eyed them and thought,
"let's swat 'em  and play!"
Four dozen beauties she's gotta keep hidden..
(the FLOWERS! Forty-eight  CATS.. might just be forbidden!)
All day I've seen photos of flowers in vases
and guys who spent hours composing sweet praises
my friends have been sharing great photos all day
of chocolates and baked goods..(but not lingerie???)
But I am MOST lucky!.Jim's granted my wishes..
As I type this poem..He's.... doing the dishes!

Happy "Galentine's"Day to my girls who can relate--and happy Valentines' Day to my husband and his dish pan hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment