It’s another beautiful day, but we opted for chaise lounges by the pool this morning instead of the ocean, which we’ll get to after lunch.
I love the ocean, and I love the fact the you don’t have to deal with shells and seaweed and undertows here, but the bottom is never smooth, even when you’re neck high, which means your feet feel like they’re walking on over ripened half cantaloupes.
Jim is barking in French now, practicing his Duo Lingo, but he also says he doesn’t want to ever go back to Club Med because of all the rain in Cancun in 2023,so WTF?? ( why the French)
He’s going to get ravenously hungry any minute so let me tell you what just happened while sitting here by the pool.
I couldn’t find the restroom.. not even a sign for it.. and there’s no way I was going to use the hot tub or walk six feet back to our room.
I ask one family but they said they just arrived here and had no idea where it is.
Then I asked a brown skinned guy in a sombrero who obviously works here because he was painting a fence but all he kept saying was “ no English!”
Over and over again.
And you don’t even want to know what I pantomimed to communicate better, but it didn’t matter because he just took his paintbrush and ran away from me.
So I finally find the restroom, switch on the light, sit down, and burst out laughing, because there was a sign.. advertising that the specialty at the Tiki Bar, was rice and beans, and also, Brussels sprouts, and a bunch of cocktails with names that were so hysterical that I was lucky I was seated on a toilet.
I’m laughing like a hyena when I get back to Jim and the Just Arrived Dad told me he found the bathroom, but by this point I was giggling too hard to ask if the men’s bathroom advertised things like Brussels sprouts on the wall next to the hand dryer.
No comments:
Post a Comment