Sunday, November 17, 2019

Dinner hijinks

wow!  I don't know about the other 49 states, but if you want to have dinner before your movie in NJ, you better get yourself prepared for concession counter snacks if you leave your house after 6:00.

We left at 6:01...the sports bar had an hour wait. (It was only fifteen minutes away, but the movie started at 7:45 and we couldn't wait) 

 Jim had to take two jug handles to try place #2, and the line was out the door.  The food there is mediocre: this wasn't Black Friday where one would ANTICIPATE hungry and weary shoppers.  It was a run of the mill diner.

 We had our third option..Ruby Tuesday's..and there was a six minute wait. 

 To get to the hostess's stand, where we find out there's an hour wait.

Our only option now was the dreaded food court.  We're boycotting Chick-fil-a(for obvious reasons) and decided on "Philly Steaks."

I'm a Philly girl--I like steaks!..but while Jim held our table in this very crowded court, I tried to order something substantial.

I see a teen the size of a sumo wrestler trying to open a plastic bag--I think it contained frozen fries--with his teeth.  He was grunting and moaning, but I saw that the bag finally opened..and I'm positive I saw a little spritz of dribble going in

I tried to place an order with teen#2:  After seeing that both the chicken steak(for Jim) and the regular(for me) both came with mayo and tomato, I tried to place a special order.  (All these joints slather on so much mayo that the bun becomes inedible, but I usually don't eat it anyway)

He says:  "oh, so you only want lettuce?"

I say, "no..the onions, peppers, mushrooms, and cheese are fine..just no mayo."

Again, he says"so you only want lettuce?"

I reply, "no..I didn't say that.  I want a #1 and a #7, but hold the mayo and tomato."

Again, "so you're saying you only want lettuce?"

I was going to give up, to try to place the order with the sumo wrestler who just opened the 80 plastic bag WITH HIS TEETH, but the movie was starting soon.

The food was actually OK, for food court quality, but..both sandwiches were overflowing with.... lettuce.

And we shared a table with two teens who didn't say a word to each other.  They were both buried in their phones and sharing an order of fries and no, I didn't tell them what I had just seen with the sumo wrestler and his teeth.

I'm not much of a mall person...

But the movie was really exciting! I highly recommend "Ford v Ferarri"..but it's almost two and a half hours long, so make sure you eat first.

No comments:

Post a Comment