Monday, November 18, 2019

Loving art

Well, this lover of arts and fine writing certainly had her share of excitement and stimulation today.

Up first:  A trip to Pinot Palette to belatedly celebrate a friend's birthday.

  I was excited when I saw what we were going to try to recreate  today..a beautiful beach scene set against a dramatic sunset with horizontal red and yellow streaks that looked just like what I saw in Hawaii earlier this month.

MY final product looked like a four year old had been given too much  paint, too much freedom, and probably too many Reeses cups. 

 It wasn't the instructor's fault.  I just can't follow basic simple  steps
 
 Not in an art class; not while trying to follow a wedding DJ leading the Cha Cha Slide.

 The painting will get buried in the same room as all my other unviewed treasures, but it was a fun time nonetheless.

Tonight I sat down for my third or fourth episode of something Evan's been raving about for years, "BoJack Horseman" and I'm gonna binge my puny little brains out as soon as possible on the entire series..

  This is a dark and brilliant comedy.  And with the fast-talkers and witty dialogue and pop culture references, its kind of like "Gilmore Girls" gloomier cousin.

But best of all, we watched six out of the eight episodes of one of the best things I've ever seen on TV.  Season One was fantastic: Season Two is pure gold.

Jim says I just say this about the BRILLIANT "The Kominsky Method" 'cause I'm getting old and I relate to the characters.

Um..no Jim..I don't have prostate issues, thank you very much.

 I say my thirty year old self would have been just as hooked

.  The chemistry between the leads is explosive.  There is not a false moment anywhere..not in the directing..the acting...

Funny, at one point I said to Jim, "I can't believe that the same guy who wrote "Two and a Half Men" is giving us this!" and..(and this is only a MINOR spoiler alert) moments later, two of Sandy's acting students prepared a bit from the pilot of that show. 

 Chuck Lorre has a self-deprecating wit that I covet with every lame bone in my body.

It is a spectacular show, and I can't wait to finish the remaining episodes...

I'm counting the days 'til Season Three!

No comments:

Post a Comment