First annoying post of 2021!
After that big sigh of relief that we all just sighed..welcome to 2021!
I miss my friends and my game nights and the never ending snacks.
I miss listening to snarky people make fun of Ryan Seacrest with me.
I miss dressing up for an overpriced dinner, wearing a stupid party hat and trying to blow on a horn without accidentally swallowing the mouthpiece.
I miss hearing about resolutions we're breaking in the next day or two, and miss that Karen tradition where I make everyone name their top five highlights and low lights of the year.
That was 2020..the highlights were few.
So I'll just share what my last day was like..
Yes,we snuck in another movie. Two in fact.
We saw another wonderful documentary, "I am Greta" this afternoon.
Most docs are terrific and this one was no exception. I learned so much about teenage environmental activist Greta Thunberg--and mostly learned how awesome she is.
We had a terrific Italian dinner and nightgowns were on by 7:00 PM. (mine..not Jim's)
And then we started a new tradition.
Wanna hint??
We literally celebrated "Tradition!" with a wonderful musical from 1971..
The reindeer left the roof and the Fiddler took over.
Oh stop..The year is 19 minutes old, I'm allowed to be stupid and tired.
Here's to healing, health, and happiness..
Oh, and 2021??
Can you please pick on another name?
This Karen in particular has had enough..
No comments:
Post a Comment