It's documentary Wednesday!
I love my docs!
This one is directed by Kirsten Johnson(not be confused with the actress with the same name, if you're dyslexic--you know who I mean--from "3rd Rock From the Sun" and "Mom") and is very watchable.
It's called "Dick Johnson is Dead" and the entertainment value goes beyond the double phallic name in the title.
It's odd and quirky, but not in an annoying, pretentious way. The subjects are really likable--after Covid's over, I want to have lunch with them.
One might guess that the filmmaker got her inspiration from "Harold and Maude" so if you liked that, you'll like this too.
Want proof that I'm the four year old I claimed to be the other day?
Dick Johnson has a double phallic name.
So does Peter O'Toole.
I am planning on spending the next fifteen minutes thinking of others.
Ooh..got one.!!
If Vera Wang adopted Rod Serling as a child and he took on her name, he'd be Rod Wang.
...(and being a dead celebrity would be the least of his problems now.)
I may try to grab another movie or two before bidding adieu to the dreadful year.
Who is bringing the popcorn?
No comments:
Post a Comment