Good night, Woodloch!
You made us so happy this week!
We're down to six..Steven and Jane, Evan and Phebe, and Jim and I..but those six had a lot of brain power tonight, as we won a coveted gold medal in the challenging "Cash Cab" game.
There were tables full of teams of 15-20 players, but there we were, team "Karen..Calm Down!" who donned some gold tonight.
Jane bought some real jewelry from the vendors who set up near the nightclub--pretty earringgs--and she may deny this, but I think she'll treasure this unexpected medal more.
Pool games were nothing to brag about this time.."Karen..Calm Down!" scored a meager two points, but everyone seemed to enjoy tossing rings onto a pole in the hot tub and scurrying across a row of plastic lily pads(go, Evan!) just the same.
As for me..well..I get to boast about the game that has always been my forte, "Scattegories."
This version is a little different than the boxed game, and I learned how to present unique answers that will win points--and laughs--for creativity, humor, and uniqueness.
Also, I've been playing this version for years and know that the third round is always the same, "Things You Open" with different letters that can be used as often as you want, as long as no other team duplicates.
So while most people use the letter "B", for example, and say that" things you open" are a "baby bottle", giving them twenty points, I'll say, "Beautiful Bed and and Breakfasts and bodacious boutiques in Budapest" because you can indeed open that, and you get a lot of points..enough to win a medal that you'll proudly hand over to your great niece and nephew because you have dozens and they desperately want one.
Even the time we spent by the campfire, under the twinkly lights, was so lovely..talking to other Woodloch die-hards, enjoying every memory of the week, the day, the evening.
I am totally incoherent and I sound like I've downed a dozen cocktails. Fatigue can do that...
So I'll get some sleep and blog tomorrow, when my son gets to wake up on his 26th birthday in this fabulous resort
No comments:
Post a Comment