Saturday, November 11, 2023

I’m all coked up

I am all coked up.

Because my husband spilled soda all over me, but he's the birthday boy, and it's his prerogative, and a happy husband is a happy..oh..nothing rhymes with husband, does it?

I was happy so he was happy.

We tried a new BBQ place in a hotel, and it was good food but the experience was quite..unusual

.  I read the menu ahead of time and was jonesing for their specialty.."burnt ends"..but they were out of that.  The overworked waitress convinced me to get the next best thing..the brisket.  After an eternal wait, the waitress tells me that "brisket is tough because it was not prepared on time"..for the dinner crowd..on a Saturday night...

She gave me the option of waiting for thirty minutes until it softened, so I ordered something else.  Only to have her return and say, "the brisket is edible now.  Is it OK if we chop it up?"

"Is it OK if we chop YOU up?" I wanted to answer, but didn't, because I was cold from the diet coke on my pants.

We complained a lot..but that brisket was..spectacular! So were the fried brussel sprouts, and the perfectly crisped fries.

This place is too bizarre to revisit, but the food itself was really, really, good.

Then it's off to the movie, which was MY pick, because it's JIM'S birthday, and I know that doesn't make sense because it doesn't have to.

I'm not gonna change.

There are some movies that stick with you for days after you see them.

Maybe even weeks or months..

Not that last year's Oscars would reflect that.  Everything was bad to mediocre last season, with few exceptions, but tonight..oh boy..tonight we saw the best feel good movie of the year...it was so good that it was the feel GREAT movie of the year.

It was Kramer Vs. Kramer" good.."Ordinary People" good.."CODA" good...

Which means cynics are gonna hate it, but we absolutely LOVED "The Holdovers."

It was perfection.  Sheer perfection.

Newcomer Dominic Sessa is buried treasure..when you find it, you get excited about what the future has in store.

Da'Vine Joy Randolph has always been underrated, but this is her year..or SHOULD be.

But it's Paul Giamatti that knocked our socks off...if he doesn't get an Oscar, I'm..I'm doing... absolutely nothing, but I will be furious.
He is AMAZING.

I loved the setting, the music, the performances, the script..there wasn't a single flaw.

The evening would have been perfect in dry pants, but I'm not complaining...

No comments:

Post a Comment