Thursday, October 10, 2024

Kama love

I didn’t know her.

I didn’t know much about her at all. 

Except that she apparently did some good things in California.

I put her smack in the center of the debate stage, in the middle of the candidates I’d  personally support, where, if I’m not mistaken, her podium actually stood in 2020.

I knew I liked her more than Marianne Williamson and Bernie Sanders, but not as much as Mayor Pete or Amy Klobuchar.

I liked her fashion sense and her speaking voice, a voice that is almost a  clone of someone’s from my social circle.

She had pretty pearls and nice hair and I wondered why she didn’t go by something easier to say, like “Kim” or even “Kammy.”

She was.. fine.. but an unknown entity.

And when Biden won the nomination and chose her, I thought: “ I wish he chose Stacey Abrams or even Beto but she’ll be good, I guess”

And then I wrote a song about her to “Camelot” because I do stuff like that and she had the perfect name for a parody.

I didn’t know her as the vice president. I know admittedly and shamefully very little about ANY vice president, and when Nikki Haley ran  for president as a candidate for the other  side and said, “ if something should happen to Biden, we’ll be stuck with Harris !”  I wondered if that would be  bad, to be “stuck” with someone like her. 

Nikki made this speech last winter and I wondered what she was talking about.

And now I know how baseless Haley’s fear was.

I’ve known since July 21st, when  Harris became Biden’s likely successor,  exactly who she, Kamala  Harris, is. 

And it goes way beyond bragging rights that her husband had his bar mitzvah at the same synagogue my son  did. 

I don’t have to boast about THAT any longer, because now my joy runs deeper than that.

I can brag that I will be VOTING..for a woman of integrity and character. A tough prosecutor with a heart of gold and a vocabulary beyond that of a third grader’s. 

She has plans and policies. 

She will unite us and make us laugh and make us put cultured  pearls onto our holiday gift lists.

She is powerful and articulate, and her critics will respect her when they realize what her plans are for the economy and a safer border.. 

..because they’re there! 

They’re real! 

And they’re.. spectacular!

(Yeah, the “Seinfeld “ reference is on purpose. Deal with it.)

Every time I hear her speak, especially to youngsters and doubting Thomases , she makes me want to shout my endorsement from the rooftop!

I know her now, I’ve followed the media blitz.

I know her. I respect her. And I need her.

And I shudder to think of an alternative outcome if we don’t jump aboard that train.. if we somehow miss out on all the Kama-love.

Vote blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment