Monday, February 16, 2026

A group of hedgehogs

​Goodbye Woodloch..!


Now you be a good girl.  


Mommy and Daddy  will only be gone for a couple of months...


You behave yourself..the separation anxiety is worse for us  than it is for you.


And make sure you cooperate with those weather goods in June.


I'll try to share the penultimate blog worthy stuff before my final recap.


There is absolutely nothing like being in a hot tub in a winter wonderland. 


 I know many people who actually use a hot tub in the dead of winter..as in an outdoor one, but it was great to have a few minutes of down time yesterday to enjoy the beauty and the bubbles.


Michelle once again demonstrated  her pop culture prowess in the "That's Entertainment!" game, but we missed a few questions, which were just enough to make us miss the coveted prize and bragging rights. 


 (If only one of us had been watching  the new "The Rookie!"..which was obviously  a big..wait for it..mistake..a rookie mistake)


We saw a great local band, one we've seen before called "Nowhere Slow"..and their  fabulous salute to television theme songs, interspersed with hilarious reels of the goofy staff and all their collective malarkey


After the show, we attended the Silent DJ party, something that never interested me in past visits but does now.  There's something about seeing folks bop and weave while donning personal headphones, while you are  trying to read their lips as they sing along to their private concert.


This morning, we  played a very challenging "Google Game" where our teammates were only a young, good looking Dad and his seven year old daughter, but man, they knew a lot. He could identify even the toughest  pixilated logos of famous companies, which was only one part of the game. 


 (I'm betting nobody in the room could "see" the crescent of Harvard University logo  when it was all blurry, but this guy did.  Too bad his wife was entertaining their three year old on the snow tube run, because she works for video companies and would have aced this.)


  Same for Michelle, who had to leave early this morning, but would have known all there is to know about video games and music and movies, my brilliant daughter in law, "Google" Michelle.


The father/daughter twosome were so bright and personable..and I loved the fact that he and his wife were once White House Interns, and how she worked for my idol, Michelle Obama.


Michelle!!


..what a lovely name! 


 Never met one I didn't like.


Jim and I were anxious to hit the road but there was one game on the schedule that I insisted we stay for.


Because I'm a glutton for punishment.


You guessed it.  


I had the sheer gall to call our team( of two) "Still in the Contestant Pool" (because I sincerely  believe I AM!) and it was quite a humbling experience to lose..and lose badly.


  (Although I did solve "a group of hedgehogs" with just the "H's'..as did a dozen other folks in the room)


So there!


They are word nerds just like me, but with modesty.


I'm wondering how many of them auditioned and are constantly checking mail for callbacks, knowing the executive producer is more likely looking for "relatable contestants" rather than excellent puzzle solvers.


(But seriously,  do Wheel Watches yell at their TVs or throw something at the screen because someone was being folksy and talked about how she never uses anything but  fresh pineapple in her fruit salad?  Or do they lose their minds because someone couldn't solve the simplest puzzle, even with ninety nine percent of the letters appearing on the screen?)


Sigh..


They always pick the little old ladies and their fruit salads over contestants who solve "Snickerdoodle" with just the "n", I get it.


I can still pout s little.


It's finally time to hang up that birthday hat and count my blessings.


 I had not one but two..TWO wonderful vacations with the people I love, doing the things I love to do.


Time to start working on that seventy fifth.


THAT  celebration is going to last way more than three weeks, let me tell you that!

No comments:

Post a Comment