Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen.. The Dominican Beatles.
There's nothing like a Beatles revue done by superior talent that makes you wanna say "screw the 4:00 AM pickup, I'm staying up." It's been a great night. The portions at the Italian restaurant were so small that it seemed like a prank. You
know how tiny the diced carrots and potatoes are in a can of soup?? That's what you got. Four bites of each, enough to fill a single teaspoon but I'll be damned if it wasn't delicious. They WANT you to sample small portions here. It's
why they only give you a single roll of TP on arrival day, and a single pat of butter with the bread basket. Also, the scale said I weighed over 1000 pounds, so I'm assuming they used a different system of measurements here in the DR, or I'm way off about
those portions. Oh, and like the Iberostar in Jamaica, this hotel too has fishbowl bathrooms. But this time, everyone can see you doing your business if they walk by you in the garden. This will take some getting used to. So will the
fact that I'm convinced that the only people who travel anywhere at all are Chicagoans. Every single voice I heard sounded like John Candy or my brother in law. That's not an insult, Bill..I like your voice, both literally and figuratively.
So the Beatles were awesome, even with their thick Spanish accents. Jim insisted on filming some pink flamingos. I think I should play Edie the Egg Lady, right? Karen MUST sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment