I basically got one present this year that needed to be unwrapped.
It was a tube of lavender-scented hand cream from the lady who waxes my eyebrows.
("Oh..she shouldn't have!")
I like my lavender cream, I do. It's the perfect size and color.
But you know what I like even more?
All the "presence" I received..in movie theaters, in friends' beautifully decorated homes...with my nuclear family gathered around for a good Netflix offering
The presence of love and laughter and camaraderie and good eats and fun games.
It's all I wanted.
Thanks, Santa!
(I can't believe someone once asked for for nothing for Christmas but his "two front teeth." However, I can relate because of that incident in 2017, when I chipped my tooth on a piece of "no-boiling-necessary-lasagna.")
The chip is subtle and can't be permanently fixed, but if Santa one day read my list and didn't complain about HOW LONG it is..he'd laugh.
He'd encourage me to keep on writing lists.
And he'd get me a permanent cap.
And he'd continue to gift me with presence.
The countdown to 20/20 begins!
No comments:
Post a Comment