Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Guess the SNL writer

I will try to curb my enthusiasm here, but what are the odds I'd be writing  not one but two posts about famous SNL writers within three weeks of each other?

I described my love for the Al Franken performance we saw locally in early June, and yesterday, I got to exchange wits with a very popular writer from the early days of SNL.

He liked my Yiddish(how we kibbutzed on the phone!) appreciated my professionalism(???!!), and most important, really seemed to eat up the custom lyrics for a parody I penned for his loved one's upcoming special event.

"I feel witty..it's a pity/(kind  of shitty!)I'm NOT.. a big hit!....I've conceded..sounds conceited..but I don't..have.."it"..(la la la la la la la la la la) I was funny..(made some money!) trust me, honey..his praise made me high!/it's exciting!/that my writing really pleased.. this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment